WHY NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY A HOME
1. Uncertainty regarding loan programs in the new year.
2. Because there are less buyers shopping for a home at this time, you may be in a stronger negotiating position.
3. The transaction load is lighter for lenders at this time, so your file may be handled more quickly, more efficiently, and more accurately. This is true also for Title and Escrow.
4. It’s nice to get a feel for a home when it’s decorated for the holidays.
5. You can show your visiting friends and family your prospective new home.
6. With fewer buyers on the market at this time, it may be easier to schedule inspections, etc., allowing you to shorten a contingency period in exchange for a more favorable price or lock in an interest rate on your loan.
7. January is typically the best time of the year to buy decorating items or home improvement items as the retail industry doesn’t want a huge slump after the boom in holiday shopping.
8. If you have kids, they can transfer to their new school at the start of the new semester and avoid “getting behind”.
9. What could be a better gift for the family than a NEW HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
Source: Dianna Kokoszka KW Maps Coaching